- Fonseca: This one prompt for class is so dumb, we have to write 37 sentences about the color yellow.
- Bess: Just quote the Coldplay song.
- Fonseca: ...I did.
Southern Tramps turned 1 today!
- Bess: I'm gonna write a book for extroverts called The Proper Care and Feeding of Introverts.
- Fonseca: You're basically an expert on it at this point. Like, my crankiness is totally moot now.
- Bess: It's trial and error.
- Fonseca: It helps that I'm an introvert that is on par with a needy baby bird. Thus, I communicate: "Feed me."
- Bess: That's why I brought home the summer sausage
- Fonseca: ..."I need space." "I need quiet." "I need five more minutes so my girlfriend can finish seducing me."
- Bess: Hahaha. Put you in a quiet room with a pound of roast beef and an iPhone and you'll be dandy.
Dolly Parton and Fannie Flagg
My gay Southern heart about burst when I saw this
I’m on Amazon right now hovering over the 1-click button for Flannery O’Connor’s prayer journals. At four in the morning. Because I haven’t turned into enough of a caricature.
- Fonseca: I just feel like poetry is the shortest form and thus becomes an instantly gratifying undisciplined excuse for people and somewhere Sylvia Plath is shoving her head in hell's ovens because of these basic two-fake-stanza bitches.
- Bess: Sylvia did not sacrifice herself for you to write some lovesick nonsense about a girl you met last week.